Saturday, February 5, 2011

Tempting {Typography}

Get inspired by Fonts in Use - a great catalog of real-world typography in use. It showcases the importance of the most basic element of communication: {type}. A great tool for inspiring you how to rethink your next project. Don't think of simply "letters" or "WORDS" , but expand and see shapes, form, and expression.



Great design isn't just about WHAT you're saying, but HOW and WHERE - color, size and placement can sell or sink your communication.

I design magazine covers for a travel company and have been getting tired with the 'same old fonts' - and while you want to stay within branding, I'm reminded that there is SOOO much creativity within a typeface, (I know, I'm a design nerd :) ), you just have to explore and have fun with it.

New challenge for myself: Find the NEXT big font family to represent communications and not to get too stuck in the fashionable- think forward!

1 comments:

Interior Designer Joe said...

Hi Auburn Antics!

I definitely think different typefaces can help prevent your message from becoming stale. I think some companies take the "branding" thing too far. Even if you say the same things over and over in advertising, if you freshen up the typography, it seems NEW.

Post a Comment