Tuesday, January 4, 2011

New Years Resolution: CREATE

When the 9 to 5 gets stale, my fingers get so itchy to create
- something-.

Well inspiration has hit, creative juices are flowing and I am determined to live up to my own challenge of getting better at my design craft. The greatest things about creativity and design is that it exists in almost anything, the coolest things can come from nothing.

First challenge of the new year: Sewing!
I received a sewing machine for Christmas from my mum. No more stealing her's to make simple square pillows.
My 1st project of choice? Baby clothes for a girlfriends baby shower in 5 days.  - am i crazy? crazy excited! - Have you seen the uber-cute things that these talented women are creating for babies?

Props to Made By Rae's FREE itty bitty dress pattern - you've started me on a mad hatter craze of baby clothes!


Here is my result: a lil different from the original pattern but not bad for my first sewing project. Hope it fits!!

'Plum Pudding' Dress
Materials: Soft purple suede pillow case,
Trim from a pair of capris from H&M that never fit.
Pattern: variation of 'Made by Rae'




I then created an infant party skirt from a variation of the 'Knot Me Tie Me' Skirt by Simply Modern Mum. What fun!


'Mad Hatter Tea Party' Skirt
Materials: Euro Sham pillowcase from IKEA and left over ribbon.
Pattern: Variation of 'Simply Modern Mum'


I'm on a roll and armed with several yards of fabric from IKEA. Who knew fabric was so expensive- on a mission to find cool textiles from unlikely sources to create precious treasures on the CHEAP!

0 comments:

Post a Comment